Fishing in Terraria is a system implemented from 1.2.4. You can fish various fish and items by creating a fishing rod and hanging fish hooks on the water surface. You can catch butterflies and earthworms with Bug Net and you can bake them. Various kinds of fish can be fished depending on the environment.
Fish can mainly be used for craft of meals and potions as well as fish that can be used as weapons and tools. The things that can be caught and the probability depend on the type of fishing rod and bait. Furthermore, the size of the weather and the water field.
How to Start fishing in Terraria
Make a fishing rod:
First of all to do fishing in Terraria, we have to make a fishing rod. If you just started the game, let’s first make a wooden fishing rod Wood Fishing Pole. Fishing rod of wood is wood Wood workbench and Work Bench can be made if there even.
Bait is necessary to get bigger catch of fish. If you purchase the insect net Bug Net from a merchant, let’s collect the bait. Grasshopper and Worm come out by cutting grass.
It is also good to collect Butterfly, occasionally flying in the sky, and Firefly in the evening. In addition, if you tend to lack food, you can earn only the targeted fish by using Sonar Potion, thus saving food.
Find fishing spots:
When you are ready for bait, let’s look for fishing spots next time. It is safe to choose a puddle near the base without first going out. To fish you need a water field of a certain size. However, be careful as the water field only counts the total of the rows where the water surface is exposed.
Once you have found a fishing spot, it’s time to start fishing. Throw a fishing hook into the water and wait until there is a reaction. Although garbage may get caught, you can catch fish out of them when you fish over and over again.
Things to Remember
- The water field may be too small. Let’s choose a larger place.
- Have you challenged a suddenly difficult fishing spot? Depending on the fishing rod and bait, there may be no response at all. Let’s proceed with the adventure and try again after getting a new fishing rod and bait.
- You can not catch big things at wooden fishing rods. Make fishing rods with iron and other materials.
- Change the fishing spot. Different environments will catch different prey. It might be better to go to the beach or to dive underground.
- Find a fisherman. Usually it is on the beach of the sea. Sometimes it seems to float on the sea surface.
- If you bring the fish that he asks you will exchange for various items. Although it may not be in the sea in rare cases, I will spawn when I am away from the sea and are collapsing time.
- Are you struggling to secure food? The Water Candle placed in the dungeon also increases the spawning rate of neutral organisms. If you set up around the base and wait for the night, a lot of fireflies will come.
- Let’s improve the fishing spot. You need to be careful not to be attacked by enemies during fishing.
Use fishing for capture
- Wooden Crate, Iron Crate and Golden Crate may be caught. Often useful items such as ores, potions, coins are included.
- Some of the tools and equipment are directly caught and come out of Crate, so if you can earn it at an early time it will be a reassuring ally.
- Many potions that can secure materials by fishing are useful, especially Endurance Potion, Life force Potion, Rage Potion and Wrath Potion are useful for all boss fights. Warmth Potion is also very useful for Frost Moon’s strategy which is one of the most difficult things in the game.
- On the other hand, there are several things that demonstrate their power in exploration and construction, such as Calming Potion, Mining Potion, Builder Potion.
- You can earn money by selling things you caught or remunerating Angler. Efficiency is reasonable.
- Sometimes it is possible to shortcut the current strategy order by fishing.
Specifically, if you can get Reaver Shark, Nightmare Pickaxe, Deathbringer Pickaxe.
- Molten Pickaxe is no longer necessary, which makes it possible to skip over the suppression of Eater of Worlds, Brain of Cthulhu.
It is raining at 4:30-6:00 in the morning or 6:00-7:30 in the evening, and it seems that it is easy to catch if it is a big lake containing more than 300 blocks. The size of the water field is counted downward from the water surface as the starting point.
It seems that it is regarded as a water field narrower than it looks when the water surface is small or there is a block in the water.
So this was all about to do fishing in Terraria. Let us know your thoughts down below.