Terraria map editor is one of the most awaited item for Terraria fans. With the help of map editor you can create the world as per you like. This means you can move or add or delete items and parts as you want. So today we will look at the Terraria map editor with mods, how to use it, troubleshooting and how to get most from it.
How to install/use Terraria map editor?
First you need to download the map editor. You can download this by the below link. It is .zip file you can use any file extractor to extract the folder. Before you install it check the minimum requirements to work it.
It is recommended to take the back of your game before you proceed to any installation.
Download Terraria World/Map editor
Requirements for Terraria map editor
- Your PC should be on Latest .Net Framework. You can download the latest .net framework from Microsoft’s official site for free.
- The latest version of DirectX. The same can be found on Microsoft’s official site.
- Latest graphic drivers. Make sure you are not using outdated or beta drivers.
- Make sure you are using Terraria Steam version.
Just install .exe file as we install any other software. After installing it you can check it in Steam folder in Drive C for 32 bit and 64 bit Windows as well. To start the editor you can check under All Programs in the Start Menu, under TEdit or you can double click on TEditXna.exe in the folder where you installed the map editor.
When you will open the map editor you will find the tool bar on the left hand side. It consist of tons of options. You will get tools like Arrow tool, Selection tool, Picker tool, Pencil tool, Brush tool, Fill tool, Point tool, Sprite placer tool and Morph tool. Play around these tools for a while this will help you to crate Terraria world.
You can use these shortcuts:
You will find all general options like open the file, save, save as, edit etc. You can also enable the auto save option when you are creating your world.
Terraria World/Map editor FAQs
1. I am unable to run the Map viewer.
* After clicking to the .exe file or from the start menu if program is not running then make sure your antivirus is not blocking it. You can check it by going to Task manager. If you are still facing the problem make sure you are fulfilling the minimum requirement to run this.
2. Blank window after running latest Map viewer mod.
* If you are facing this problem then uninstall the software. Restart you PC and then install the Map viewer again. This should solve your problem.